Goodwill Speech: Key points/What to incorporate
- Something new
- What can you solve
- Low cost electronics
- Business scene
- High profit margin
- That new fresh thing
Items that have little value to Goodwill: Plastic, Metal, Cardboard, textiles, Video tapes, Electronics.
Goodwill’s Mission: Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work.
1. Creative reuse, De-manufacturing, high profit margins, population of landfills, new jobs/more hours, low cost electronics, that new fresh thing. All of these practices and models can be used globally, locally, and specifically towards Goodwill, to create a strong business model, that has a great potential to be environmentally conscious.
2. By De-manufacturing and recycling old keyboards that have little to no value. I’m looking at other functions of the keyboards that are a far cry from its only and original function, by harvesting it unseen raw materials.
3. By harvesting unseen, demanufactured raw materials from a keyboard and creating a high profit margin being utilized by low cost electronics resulting in “That new fresh thing.”
4. While all keyboards are different, they all use the same materials/parts, in different ways. It is good combination of material consistency, and having each produce being unique. Multiple products can be produced from one keyboard. It is also very simple to construct, with a high turn around.
5. Anyone who acts on convenience/impulse, entrepreneurs, being trendy, green people, tech people, people who recycle, women, and the younger generation.
Concept 1-3: Burnt/Window shade, Cloth wrapped lighting fixture, necklace made of fabric.
Concept 4: keyboard jewelry/bracelet (not pictured) raw materials
Concept 5: VCR Watch (not pictured) raw materials