Artist to look at: Emiko Oye, Harriete Estel Berman
Venue to look at: Velvet Da Vinci - Contemporary art gallery showcasing jewelry, metalwork & crafts in a lofty, industrial setting, in San Francisco
1. Using Printers parts for jewelry. Having each jewelry line be dedicated to a specific electronic components.
2. For the low end line, have the customers make and assembly their own.
3. More explanation of Goodwill’s role
ACTION TO TAKE
1. Deciding each component and assigning a low, medium or high product.
- Low end – Key boards
- Medium – Printers
- High end – VCR
My decision is based off the the rarity, and more visually appealing components. I didn’t see printers at Goodwill/unaware of parts inside. One of the Goodwill staff said, there was tons and would like to see it used in the project. I need to find a printer, and see if it has usable components.
2. Set up a table at Goodwill where people can come in and make their own bracelets. Will work as an assembly line, with parts precut/partially assembled etc. It will include instructions posted above. It will engulf personalization, and DIY creative reuse. Will need more keyboards.
3. Make a message or tag, with the product describing its history. State the relationship between vendors, distributors, wholesale, etc, creating relationships, and high profit margins.